Virtual Introduction to Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT) Training- *FULL Registration Closed*
07/27/2020 - 07/30/2020 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
This training is at full capacity and registration has closed. Check back soon for our next training in October.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is a short-term, evidence-based treatment for children, ages 3 to 18, who have experienced trauma and their caregivers. This components-based psychotherapy model incorporates trauma-sensitive interventions with cognitive-behavioral, family and humanistic principles. TF-CBT is empirically supported for use with youth impacted by trauma and co-occurring mental health problems. It is designated as a Model Program by SAMHSA and the National Child Traumatic Stress Network and has received the highest scientific rating as a Well-Supported Effective Practice by the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare.
The Introductory TF-CBT training provides therapists with a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT as well as hands-on practice opportunities. The training is designed to meet the introductory training requirements for the National TF-CBT Therapist Certification Program. Introductory trainings are limited to 25 participants to support a personalized learning experience. 12 CEUs are awarded for training participation. This training is offered in conjunction with consultation. Registration for training also requires participating in consultation. Consultation is key in learning any new treatment model, as it provides case specific feedback and ideas from experts in the treatment. Consultation is provided through a series of 12 conference calls with approximately 8 participants on the call.
Please note, by registering for the Introduction to TF-CBT Training, registration for the CE-CERT training on July 23, 2020 is also required.
The following items must be completed prior to attending the training.
- Master’s level therapist or higher
- Licensed or under licensure supervision
- Register for and attend the CE-CERT Overview Virtual Training
- TF-CBT Web Training: TF-CBT Web Course ($35-Must be completed before attending training. Submit completion certificate to OKTF-CBT@ouhsc.edu
- View the ODMHSAS on-demand Child and Adolescent Trauma Screen webinar (Web link will be sent out upon registration
This training will be held via Zoom.
- Each morning will have 8:30am-10am and 10:30am-12pm segments.
- Participants must attend each morning.
- Each participant is required to join on an individual computer equipped with a microphone and webcam.
- Our team is working hard to ensure that sessions are interactive between trainers and participants, so we will be asking participants to join discussions and interactive activities.
The cost for participation in training and consultation is $700. Training is offered at no cost for therapists working for agencies contracting with the DMH (Department of Mental Health) on child trauma services.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis the Oklahoma State Board of Behavioral Health has suspended services and is unable to approve CEU applications at this time. The application has been submitted for 12 CEU credits for this training on 4/17/2020 and will be approved when the board resumes services. This means CEU’s for this training will be granted to participants at a later date following the training.
Elizabeth Risch, PhD, OUHSC Associate Professor, National TF-CBT Trainer
Amanda Mitten, MA, LPC, OUHSC Pediatric Development Counselor, Nationally Certified TF-CBT Therapist
Natalie Gallo, M. Ed, LPC, OUHSC Pediatric Development Counselor, Nationally Certified TF-CBT Therapist
Ashley Galsky, PhD, OUHSC Post-Doctoral Fellow, TF-CBT Therapist