November 30, 2020 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
December 7-11, 2020 8:30 am – 12 pm
Please note, this training is only open to invited inpatient providers. If you have not received an invitation to this training please visit our Training Page for additional trainings.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is a short-term, evidence-based treatment for children, ages 3 to 18, who have experienced trauma and their caregivers. This components-based psychotherapy model incorporates trauma-sensitive interventions with cognitive-behavioral, family and humanistic principles. TF-CBT is empirically supported for use with youth impacted by trauma and co-occurring mental health problems. It is designated as a Model Program by SAMHSA and the National Child Traumatic Stress Network and has received the highest scientific rating as a Well-Supported Effective Practice by the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare.
The Introductory TF-CBT training provides therapists with a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT as well as hands-on practice opportunities. The training is designed to meet the introductory training requirements for the National TF-CBT Therapist Certification Program. 17.5 CEUs are awarded for training participation. This training is offered in conjunction with consultation. Registration for training also requires participating in consultation. Consultation is key in learning any new treatment model, as it provides case specific feedback and ideas from experts in the treatment. Consultation is provided through a series of 14 conference calls with approximately 8 participants on the call.
The following items must be completed prior to attending the training.
- Master’s level therapist or higher
- Licensed or under licensure supervision
- TF-CBT Web Training: TF-CBT Web Course ($35-Must be completed before attending training. Submit completion certificate to OKTF-CBT@ouhsc.edu
This training will be held via Zoom.
- Participants must attend each session.
- Each participant is required to join on an individual computer equipped with a microphone and webcam.
- Our team is working hard to ensure that sessions are interactive between trainers and participants, so we will be asking participants to join discussions and interactive activities.
This training has been approved for 17.5 CEU credits.
Susan Schmidt, PhD, OUHSC Associate Professor, National TF-CBT Trainer
Elizabeth Risch PhD, OUHSC Associate Professor, National TF-CBT Trainer
Amanda Mitten, MA, LPC, OUHSC Pediatric Development Counselor, Nationally Certified TF-CBT Therapist
Natalie Gallo, M. Ed, LPC, OUHSC Pediatric Development Counselor, Nationally Certified TF-CBT Therapist