Date/Time06/24/2015 - 06/26/2015 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
LocationNicholson Tower - 5th Floor Conf Room B
Add to Calendar
Invitation Only: DHS-Sponsored Training in Trauma Focused Assessment and Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
06/24/2015 - 06/26/2015 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This invitation only training program sponsored by the Department of Human Services and Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services is designed to provide:
1) Instruction and practice in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of the Child and Adolescent Trauma Screen (CATS) for the DSM5
2) An introductory training in the implementation of Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
3) TF-CBT clinical consultation designed to meet national TF-CBT certification standards
Training Day 1: 12:00 pm- 5:00 pm: Participants will learn techniques for integrating assessment results into therapeutic sessions with caregivers and children and enhancing treatment engagement through the assessment process. Specific instruction will be provided in the incorporation of assessment findings into Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. Also covered in this training will be methods for tailoring treatment plans to assessment results and using on-going assessment to track treatment progress. Additional measures to assess for child trauma and associated posttraumatic stress symptoms will be briefly highlighted as well.
Training Days 2 & 3: Participants will receive specialized instruction in Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. To learn more about TF-CBT, plesse see our information page on this website or visit the national TF-CBT certification website: www.tfcbt.org
Training participants will receive:
- Training binder and handouts
- USB Drive with TF-CBT implementation resources
- Book: Treating Trauma and Traumatic Grief in Children and Adolescents by Judith A. Cohen, MD, Anthony Mannarino, PhD, and Esther Deblinger, PhD
- Selected therapy tools for use in the implementation of TF-CBT
- Series of 12 consultation conference calls (conducted twice monthly) with nationally approved TF-CBT consultants
- Access to the Oklahoma TF-CBT Website therapist resource area
- 16.75 CEU’s
- Continental breakfast & lunch
- Free parking
Susan R. Schmidt, PhD, OUHSC Associate Professor, National TF-CBT Trainer Network Member
Elizabeth Risch, PhD, OUHSC Assistant Professor, National TF-CBT Consultant
Saba Shahid, PsyD, OUHSC Child Psychological Clinician
- Master’s level therapist or higher
- Licensed or under licensure supervision
- Completion of TF-CBT Web (http://tfcbt.musc.edu/)
(Please bring a copy of your completion certificate to the training or submit prior to the training.)
Please fill out the forms below in their entirety and submit to enroll in this event.
*****NOTE: Supervisor Name and Email is for ODMHSAS Agencies only. Training participation requires permission by your agency's supervisor in charge of coordinating child trauma treatment services.
Bookings have closed for this event.